excuse our dust

We are currently making some changes to this site, including updating our team name, homepage, and graphics. Our shops are open and all the links to them are working, so please forgive our dust here, and go browse through our shops instead!

Saturday, March 8, 2008

Mother By Nature open for business!

Announcing the arrival of Mother By Nature, online and ready to go!

Eventually, we'll be carrying all kinds of hand-made items for mama and baby, such as nursing clothes, dolls, baby clothes (including clothing designed for EC), reusable bags, and household linens. Our goal is to keep things simple and natural -- basic, affordable items from organic materials whenever possible. Most sewn items will be introduced later this summer and into the fall.

For now, we're getting things started with just a few simple jewelry items... necklaces, to be precise. For instance, this "Heart of Darkness" black obsidian pendant on a greek leather cord. This features silver-coloured findings and a pewter bead for an accent.

Considering I'm a relative 'newbie' to making my own jewelry, I'm very proud of my first projects up for sale. I have lots of beautiful beads in semi-precious stones, carved bone, sterling silver, and freshwater pearl coming in soon so watch for some intriguing items in the near future! I'm also getting into knotted hemp work, I think some of the bone beads will be juuuuuuuust about perfect for that!

We're a Canadian store, currently located in Ontario (me) and New Brunswick (my business partner: my mom!) Later this summer, we are moving back home to New Brunswick and everything will be based there. It's an exciting time, and once we're settled we'll be focusing on creating and expanding our product lines!

Check us out at motherbynature.etsy.com and www.motherbynature.ca!

No comments: