excuse our dust

We are currently making some changes to this site, including updating our team name, homepage, and graphics. Our shops are open and all the links to them are working, so please forgive our dust here, and go browse through our shops instead!

Friday, January 25, 2008

Good Clean Fun


Hi all, I'm Sher, my shop is Savonara Handmade Soap. I made my first batch of soap back in '96 when grocery stores still had a tallow bin and would give you a beautiful creamy white chunk of good tallow for free. I stirred my first batch by hand and poured into a shoebox... when I turned out a 12lb chunk of smooth white soap, that was it - the soaping bug had taken hold.

Although I have dabbled in other hobbies along the way, nothing has nourished my creative instinct like making soap. I've branched out into making a variety of types of soap; based on two of my own recipes: one for a vegan soap and one for a mild tallow soap. I also utilize the versatility of melt & pour soap occasionally for embellishments and effects. I hope you enjoy seeing and using my bars. And don't say they are too pretty to use - use 'em up, I'm making more! :)


No comments: